English Language Department aspires to become the leading department in the country by setting pedagogical standards of excellence in preparing highly qualified ELT professionals (year 1-9), contributing to the intellectual development of the society, enhancing intercultural communication, and meeting the needs of labour market in aspects pertaining to foreign language learning and teaching.
English Language Department strives to offer internationally accredited undergraduate/ postgraduate programmes in English language pedagogy. The programmes basically try to foster students’ interest in such concepts as theories, methods, approaches and techniques of foreign language learning and teaching as well as concepts pertaining to educational assessment, evaluation, syllabus design, educational psychology. They also develop students’ language ability, critical thinking, critical analysis and academic research skills.
Upon the successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- acquire knowledge of key issues and theoretical background of English language;
- develop the ability of students to reflect on their won practice through integration and practice;
- have knowledge and understanding of principles and implementation of procedures, activities and techniques;
- bridge the gap between the native culture and English language culture;
- become well-acquainted with concepts relating to education, foreign language learning and teaching, and forms of educational evaluation, testing, grading and examination, and how to put them into practice;
- develop their receptive and productive skills;
- and conduct researches in English language teaching areas.