English department strives to offer internationally recognized undergraduate/postgraduate programs in English language and linguistics, translation, and interpretation. The programs basically try to foster in BA, MA, and PhD students an interest in the philosophy of language, translation, interpretation, and modern English literature. The also develop student’s language, critically thinking, critical analysis, and academic research skills.
To ensure the graduation of competent linguists, translators, and interpreters that contribute to the intellectual development of the society, the enhancement of intercultural communication, and meeting the needs of the labor market in aspects pertaining to language issues in general and foreign language issues in particular.
Upon completion of the designed courses, the graduates will be able to do the following:
- Bridge the gap between their native cultures and foreign cultures.
- Get acquainted with concepts relating to the levels of linguistic analysis, the philosophy of language, translation, interpretation, and modern English literature.
- Utilize different translation and interpretation principles, approaches, and techniques.
- Develop their spoken and written language skills as well as translation and interpretation skills and techniques.
- Conduct researches that meet the academic standards.
- Get access to authentic and academically reliable sources of information in their disciplines.